Friday, January 30, 2015

Where the Sun Beats Stronger

Dear Darling, 

In the freezing aftermath of our little "snow storm", I thought it was only fair to share with you a little memento of the sunshine I got to enjoy from Palm Beach, Florida.  My friends expected me to arrive home with tan legs and lighter hair, but instead I came home with a pink nose and some memories to share...
I captured this shot as I was walking back from the beach to my own, less exciting car and I wondered what sort of adventure the members of this van were embarking on. So take this chance investigate your own imagination because they had the big, bad world open to be explored, and so do you.
If you surf or paddle board, then you probably knows what it feels like to be watched. While eating lunch by the ocean one day, my family and I were consistently distracted by the silhouette of a women paddle boarding. And then the next day, as I walked on the beach I saw a man and his daughter paddling out to surf. I couldn't help but think, this is December, and yet all I see is a summer life full of sun and ocean and bikinis and smiles. How nice it must be to live in a place where summer never ends.

Recently, among the hustle and bustle of everyday life, my family and I managed to sneak away for a weekend in Palm Beach. Among the many sandy beach parks, boat tour docks, and consignment shops, we found a treasure of a place called Carmine's. I took this photo when walking from the quaint italian restaurant to the attached little market. And even now sharing this with you, I can slightly smell the soft aroma of baking bread. 
xoxo,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment