Saturday, February 14, 2015

DIY Collage Desktop Screensaver

Dear Darling,

Recently I have been absolutely in love with my desktop backgrounds! My screensaver changes between multiple collages every minute, and today I'm going to show you how I make the collages and set them to change.

The first thing to do is to find the photos you would like to use. I like to search tumblr, Pinterest, and other websites for pictures that I really like. I also have some collages that I made with photos that I took myself. You should pick photos that you love, desktops can be personal!


The website I used to make the collages is Fotor. Click TRY IT NOW, and you can use it without having to create an account. 


I then change some of the settings. In the left settings bar,  I set border width to zero, the corner rounding to zero, the background to white, and choose 8+, which is the number of photos. 


There are many options that work well, but the format above is the one I like to use. 

Next I choose Open at the top, then choose computer. I usually save the photos I know I want to use in their own folder on my computer, then can easily select them to upload. 

Once you upload your photos they show up in the right side bar. You can simply drag them into the slots. If you double click on one of the photos once you have placed it in the empty space, a couple options for editing come up. I like to set each of the photos with the same filter because I find it makes them all match a little bit better. In this case, I used the filter in the top right corner. 

These are the photos I chose to use for this collage, all lined up and ready to go. Next I choose the icon at the top next to Open. 

I set the collage to the highest quality, name it, then choose Save to my computer. 





I like to search for different themes and color schemes in photos and make several collages. Next, in Finder, I make a folder solely for the collages.


 Then go to System Preferences.


 Choose Desktop and Screen Saver.



Choose the small gray arrow in the bottom left.


Search through Finder until you come upon the folder with the collages, and choose the folder, not the specific collages.

I then choose Change Picture: Every minute. Its also fun to have the picture change every five seconds if you have a lot of collages, but since I have only three collages for this desktop, I think one minute works best.  


And thats it! I hope you enjoy making collages as much as I did, and that these directions were easy to understand:) 
xoxo, 
Elizabeth 

No comments:

Post a Comment