Friday, February 13, 2015

New Year...New You?

Dear Darling,

One month of 2015 has quickly gone by and it's time to judge the success of our "New Year's Resolutions."  We view the new year as a chance to change things about ourselves that either we don't like or other's don't like.  By changing ourselves, I feel that it's an attempt to crush our flaws and try to become a new person...but what's so wrong about embracing our imperfections?  I know we've all heard the speech about loving ourselves and we read inspirational quotes on tumblr/pinterest, but do we actually make it a part of our "Resolutions" to accept what we don't like about ourselves?

Instead of setting rigid standards to achieve, we should try to focus on bringing out the best in ourselves.  After looking back on this first month,  I have realized that to be truly happy we have to let go of what we think we are suppose to be or look like, so that we can celebrate ourselves for everything we are and can become.  Gaining confidence will also help us gain acceptance of our bodies and personalities. 
We should use our motivation to go out and accomplish what we really want, instead of expecting things to change based on a list of challenges. I've found that traveling to new places helps me gain new inspiration as I am surrounded with different amazing influences.
The ideas on my list of "Resolutions" this year relate to things that will make me happier, more confident, and pertain to my interests...eat clean & hydrate, productivity is key, travel somewhere or discover something new, read at least 1 book a month, smile & laugh more.  Remember to do things that make you happy, not others.

xoxo,
Louise 






No comments:

Post a Comment